DBT Clinic clinicians receive mentoring and supervision from Radically Open Ltd in the UK and have completed Level 3 training in RO-DBT. Our team was part of Australia’s first Level 3 Training in RO-DBT in March 2023 in partnership with Radically Open Ltd.
In 2024, we are running the following RO-DBT programs:
– Melbourne DBT (Essentia Health Clinic, Brighton) on Thursdays 10am until 12.30pm
– Gold Coast DBT (Essentia Health, Southport) on Tuesdays from 5pm until 7.30pm
– Online DBT Clinic (Online via Zoom) on Tuesdays from 6pm until 8.30pm (VIC/NSW/ACT/TAS time)
2024 is the 20-year anniversary that DBT and DBT-informed programs have been led by the Australian DBT Institute’s Executive Director Dr. Peter King. The DBT Institute provides a model of best practice that has been replicated around Australia. Dr. King and his team support the development of DBT programs, educate staff, and evaluate DBT Clinic programs.
Dr. King leads our DBT & RO DBT programs nationally and our intake team is available to answer any questions you may have related to DBT or RO-DBT and our DBT programs.
Individuals who enter our range of DBT and RO-DBT programs are in the Stabilisation Phase of treatment and may have presentations related to being over-control or under-control. Our RO-DBT programs run for 30- weeks in 10-week blocks with 2 weeks break in between each 10-week block and are suitable for individuals with excessive over-control including maladaptive perfectionism, chronic depression, anorexia nervosa, OCD, Autism Spectrum Disorders and treatment-resistive Anxiety. To get the most from our programs, we also recommend that participants enter the program once they have completed at least an assessment followed by a 2-week Foundation Phase.
The foundation phase is similar to the commitment phase which Thomas Lynch and Marsha Linehan discuss in their text. Sessions focus on orientating individuals to the structure, treatment targets, and goals of each client’s specific RO-DBT program. We also provide an overview of the RO-DBT program and orientation to technology such as Zoom and DBT Assist used during each participant’s DBT program.
All participants agree to the following expectations of our program:
– Attend foundation session(s) with our intake team (initial 10 to 20-minute session over the phone is free of charge)
– Attend RO-DBT Skills Classes and individual therapy sessions (continue with your existing clinician or connect with one of ours)
– 2-3 weeks of leave in between each 10-week term
– Complete weekly homework/practice tasks
– Complete a diary card on a weekly basis
– Complete self-reporting tools to assist our team measure the effectiveness of treatment
– Abide by the guidelines of the program including not entering relationships with other participants, not attending intoxicated or hung over, and being on time
– Payment of weekly fees for individual therapy and for group
We like to improve our programs and other programs throughout Australia and overseas and ask participants to contribute to the improvement of our programs by providing feedback about the effectiveness of our programs. If you would like to participate in our research programs we also have opportunities to participate in non-identifiable research through the Australian DBT Institute. The Australian DBT Institute, which reviews and accredits our programs, is Australia’s oldest (Established in 2004) National DBT & DBT informed service.
Our DBT Clinics intake team on the Gold Coast provides intake and referral support to our DBT programs. Our intake team is led by Dr. Peter King (DBT Clinics Director). Our intake team is available Monday to Friday from 10am until 3pm for inquiries and referrals.
We have five options for individuals seeking to be referred to our DBT programs.
– Call our team on 07 5646 3811 or 03 7065 0789
– Complete the form below
– Send an email to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Have your GP or Psychiatrist fax a referral to 07 5676 6771
– Ask your GP to send a referral via Medical-Objects to Dr. Peter King (5949971K)
Once we receive your referral our team will be in contact to discuss the best program for you.